Moving Out and About Again..
with Ease and Calm…
As we are able to move from our houses, back into the world.. back to the shops, back to socialising, back to work places, back to being busy, back to FOMO…
And, because we live in a democracy (thank God we do), some have made personal health decisions that mean they are not able to be out in the world yet… but the time will be soon!
We will ALL be out and about before we know it…
BUT.. how do we protect what we have learned through lockdown, so that we don’t head straight back into overwhelm, stress or anxiety?
The chance to see our family and friends is an unwavering imperative… it is the connection we have been longing for and missed so much…
But, how do we protect ourselves from falling into old habits of being over-committed and resentful, often fed by FOMO – fear of missing out.. or old habits of thought – including guilt, fear of rejection or even nervous system ‘freeze’…
Here are a few strategies that you can employ that will support your well-being and mental health as you head back out.
- Take it slowly… you DON”T have to say yes to every invitation, or every ‘play-date’ for the kids, or even answer the phone/email immediately…
- Have a plan for watching your alcohol and food intake.. if you are out socialising more… all that good work over the past few months can be blown out of the water quickly…
- Remember during lockdown that your ‘routine’ was so important – well it is just as important now… schedule in your walks, exercise, mindfulness, games with the kids… DO NOT let these go… it is these habits that will enable you to stay healthy in mind and body as you head out again.
- When you feel yourself getting tired – rest!
- When you feel yourself getting overwhelmed – stop, take a breather!
- Have a ‘buddy’ that you can ring and let off steam with, so that you can be heard and feel connected….You can laugh with them too!
- Create a list of activities, thoughts, people and practitioners that will help you ‘calm the farm’, help you breathe again, help you smile and feel confident again.
- Practice patience and compassion with those around you… overwhelm, anxiety and fear take on many different forms.
- Nothing is worth more than your metal health or body health... guard these with confidence and clarity.
- Go at your own pace.. don’t be ‘guilted’ or shamed or fearful about being and doing YOU… and, don’t force those feelings on someone else either!
If you are starting back at the office, remember to respect those around you – don’t forget your deodorant and to clean your teeth!
Essential Oils are a beautiful and powerful way to calm and elevate your mind and body.
Here are a few to choose from that will support your movement out.
To calm and ease:
To lift and motivate:
To boost your immune system:
- tea tree
- DoTerra ‘On Guard’
Mindfulness and meditation can be wonderful for reducing stress, anxiety and overwhelm..
Here is a link to a meditation I recorded earlier last year on YouTube… click here
If you would like support as you move and begin life outside again, I am here for you… connect your mind, body and spirit so that you can be calm and at ease in all you decide and do.