the antidote for OVERWHELM
and the ground for RESILIENCE
There is so much overwhelm around us at the moment… from the macro and micro perspectives…
You may be feeling separated and divided from your workplace, family, friends and even those you have problems with…
You may feel overwhelmingly separated from your dream, your future or even the present moment…
You may even feel overwhelmingly separated from yourself – unmotivated, in pain, unable to be still, loss of focus, needing a podcast to get to sleep…
2020 has certainly thrown us many curve balls that has affected us in so many ways… our finances, social circles, health challenges, work and relationships…
Our eyes are looking in different directions, our limbs are flaying, our ears are ringing and all we want to do is something ‘other’… overwhelm, dissatisfaction and exhaustion are all around us as we WAIT in the wings for ‘normal life’ to restart…we are all living in the ‘pause’…
Why do we find ‘living in the pause’ so overwhelming?
Simply, in ‘normal-life’ we have been taught to believe and live in:
- constant movement,
- adrenal stress,
- never being satisfied with what we have,
- constantly looking for a new stimulus,
- the individual is greater than the group,
- the daily commute is normal,
- looking at screens is better than looking at a tree, or in the eyes of another,
- as much noise as possible,
- I can have whatever I want, whenever I want it….
But, in the ‘pause’, we have been forced to live with and in
- slow to no movement
- discovering our pure exhaustion, possibly fighting it, but, hopefully relieving it,
- less distraction
- quieter surroundings
- more time (not travelling to work each day),
- I can’t have what I want, when I want it!
- the good of the group is more important than me!
- discovering how tenuous our every day life was, and how to ensure change is long lasting…
- our own thoughts… challenging or traumatic or a discovery trip?
- the people we realise are good for us and those who aren’t..
And so, how do we live our best life in the ‘pause’, while we re-dream, or change course?
I’ve been thinking about the importance of innocence…
Something we need now, more that ever!
What is this INNOCENCE I speak of?
That ability to dream and know our dream is achievable and worthy.
That wide eyed ability to trust ourselves and others – with courage.
That ability to see joy in all things and people.
That ability to see beauty all around us…
The ability to be CURIOUS….
NOT naivete, not powerlessness, not pure idealism either…
BUT, simply living with integrity,courage and fearlessness.
I have been wondering why we see innocence as a child-only trait…
I have been wondering what an adult with innocent eyes looks like???
We need our own personal INNOCENCE more than ever right now…
- We need to laugh, really belly-laugh.
- We need to sing at the top of our lungs.
- We need to see and experience beauty in the world around us.
- We need to be courageously open-hearted.
- We need to open our perspectives and trust ourselves.
- We need to reach out for help if we need it.
- We need to love more than be loved.
- We need to re-discover our creativity and love it!
- We need to move and feel the energy run through our veins…
WE NEED INNOCENCE AND CURIOSITY NOW!
In the Ted Talk by Tom Rivett-Carnac, he talks about the link between ‘optimistic determination and determined action’ – bringing about sustained and meaningful action/change…
YES WE CAN!
With determination, optimism and courage, let’s bring our innocence back, let’s make trust in our dream ‘worthy’ again and let’s offer those around us the healing joy of innocence.
“When we are children we seldom think of the future. This innocence leaves us free to enjoy ourselves as few adults can. The day we fret about the future is the day we leave our childhood behind.”
If you would like help or support to trust your own curiosity, to heal the past and move forward with determined action, to calm your overwhelm, contact me and let’s begin, so that you are living in and through the purity and joy that is yours to have!